Other Involvement Opportunities
Current students play an integral role in welcoming the incoming class to the Wagner community. Peer advisors share everything from community norms and personal experiences, to insider information -- like the best places to eat and study – all in an effort to make the transition to grad school an easy one.
In their role, Peer Advisors:
- Reach out to their Peer Group of admitted students on a monthly basis;
- Respond to questions from new students;
- Welcome students to Wagner and New York at Peer-coordinated Welcome Activities; and
- Participate in the entire New Student Retreat.
You can have the opportunity to be a part of this rewarding experience that helps new students transition into NYU and stay connected during their first semester by applying to become a peer advisor for the Spring.
To be eligible to be Peer Advisors, students must have completed at least one semester as of the application deadline (November date for spring term, April date for fall term) and must be enrolled at Wagner through the term following the New Student Retreat.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Deb Cabrera, Senior Director, Student Services.
No one has better insight into the experience of a Wagner student than you. Being an Admissions Ambassador is an opportunity to expand your network, share your knowledge, and help others better understand the value of the Wagner education.
Admissions Ambassadors can:
- Volunteer to answer questions with prospective and admitted students virtually or via phone;
- Meet for coffee or tea to chat in-person;
- Sit on panels for Admissions events and Open Houses;
- Visit and promote Wagner at your Alma Mater; or
- Chat with newly admitted students in-person at Admitted Students Day.
By partnering with the Office of Admissions, you have the opportunity to help prospective and admitted students really understand what it’s like to be a Wagnerd.
Every other year, Wagner conducts a comprehensive Student Survey. Full survey results from the 2019 survey can be found here.