January Term 2020 registration INFORMATION
Given the intensive nature of January courses, the maximum credit load for January is 3 credits.
In order to be prepared for the start of registration, please follow these steps:
- Check your Albert Student Center for any HOLDS, and resolve them immediately. [See Note about PER below.]
- Check your Enrollment Appointment under "Enrollment Dates" on the main landing page of your Albert Student Center.
- Review the Registrar's Student Training pages to refresh your memory about using Albert.
- Check Albert Public Course Search for the most up-to-date details on meeting dates, times, and classrooms. [Albert is subject to change so check for updates regularly!]
- Remember that you need to use the unique four- or five-digit Albert Class Number to register for a specific course section (not the digits of the course catalog number, e.g. not the "1011' of CORE-GP 1011).
- Prerequisites matter! Prerequisites MUST be taken prior to advanced courses. They are listed at the bottom of the course description for each course.
Note about Federal Financial Aid for January Term:
Federal Direct Loans are available for January Term enrollment. Credits for eligibility are based on the combined total credits between the January Term and the spring term: you must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits between the two terms to be eligible. If you are enrolling in the January 2020 term but not the Spring 2020 term, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org for advisement. If you are interested in federal financial aid for the January Term, you must have a valid FAFSA on file and be otherwise eligible. Once registered, it is important to email email@example.com.
Note about Wagner Scholarships for January Term:
As stated in your scholarship letter, Wagner scholarships to not apply to the January term.
Note about PER "holds":
All MPA-PNP, MPA-Health, and MUP students will see the "WPR-PER" service indicator under HOLDS to show what their PER status is (required, waived, or completed). Any PER indicators will not affect your ability to register. Visit the PER website for other details.