Summer Term 2023 Registration Information
Registration for Summer Term 2023 began on Monday, February 13. Summer 2023 courses are viewable in the Albert Course Search as part of Academic Year 2022-2023.
Note about Federal Financial Aid for Summer Term:
Federal Direct Loans are available for Summer Term enrollment. If you are interested in federal financial aid for the Summer Term, you must have a valid FAFSA on file and be otherwise eligible. You may be eligible for equivalency, but you must submit a Request for Equivalency form once you've registered for classes.
Note about Wagner Scholarships for Summer Term:
Wagner scholarships are applied to the Fall and Spring Terms only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your scholarship.
Fall 2023 registration INFORMATION
Registration for Fall 2023 begins on Monday, April 24. Fall 2023 courses should be viewable in the Albert Course Search on March 27 as part of Academic Year 2023-2024
In order to prepare for the start of registration, please follow these steps:
- Verify your Expected Graduation Term in your Albert Student Center under the "Academics" tab. If the term listed is incorrect, please follow the easy instructions on the Registrar's website to update your record immediately. (And no later than April 17!)
- Check your Albert Student Center for any HOLDS, and resolve them immediately. Check your Enrollment Appointment under "Enrollment Dates" on the main landing page of your Albert Student Center.
- Schedule an appointment with your Student Services Program Advisor to discuss your academic plans.
- Review program/specialization requirements, as well as course and Capstone (if applicable) requirements, on your Program Requirement Checksheet.
- Attend the Electives Fair on Thursday, April 20 from 5:00-6:30pm! Faculty from across the MPA-PNP, MPA-Health, and MUP programs will be on hand to chat with students about the various courses they teach.
- Read the instructions for the Weighted Course Lottery.
- Read the Course Highlights for information about new courses, new instructors, courses that require an application, intensive courses, courses without prerequisites, and courses on a new meeting pattern.
- Review the Registrar's Student Training pages to refresh your memory about using Albert.
- Check the Albert Course Search for the most up-to-date details on meeting dates, times, and classrooms. [Albert is subject to change so check for updates regularly!]
- Remember that you need to use the unique four- or five-digit Albert Class Number to register for a specific course section (not the digits of the course catalog number, e.g. not the "1011" of CORE-GP 1011).
- Prerequisites matter! Prerequisites MUST be taken prior to advanced courses. They are listed at the bottom of the course description for each course.
- Consider non-credit workshops and modules, such as Composing Your Career (NONCR-GP 108).
- If considering courses outside of Wagner, read through the policies and procedures for taking courses outside of Wagner. Courses not on the pre-approved electives list must be approved by the faculty well in advance of the opening of registration on April 24.
- Contact Student Services if you have general registration and advisement questions. Visit faculty for academic advisement to help shape your specialization and elective courses toward academic and professional goals.
- If you are changing your enrollment status (full-time/part-time) next semester or need an equivalency, review the procedures so your financial aid isn't impacted.
- Review the Tuition/Bursar Payment Schedule and familiarize yourself with the Add/Drop and refund schedules on the Fall 2023 Academic Calendar.
- Read the Capstone: Learning in Action materials and watch the "Capstone in an Academic Context" video to learn more about the purpose of Capstone, how projects are chosen, and how teams are formed.
- Read the Capstone Eligibility and Applying for Capstone pages to learn more about checking your eligibility and applying for Capstone.
- Submit your Capstone Application no later than 5:00pm on Monday, May 1. The application form will be emailed to your NYU email address on Monday, March 27.