January term 2019 registration checklist
NEW! Wagner January intensive courses will now be offered as part of the university's January Term.
A Note about Federal Financial Aid for January Term:
Federal Direct Loans are available for January Term enrollment. Credits for eligibility are based on the combined total credits between the January Term and the Spring Term: you must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits between the two terms to be eligible. If you are enrolling in January term but not spring term, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org for advisement. If you are interested in federal financial aid for the January Term, you must have a valid FAFSA on file and be otherwise eligible. Once registered, it is important to email wagner.financialaid.@nyu.edu.
A Note about Wagner Scholarships for January Term:
Unfortunately, for January Term 2019 there will be no Wagner scholarships or grants available. Email email@example.com if you have questions about your scholarship.
Spring 2019 Registration Checklist
- Verify your Expected Graduation Term in your Albert Student Center under "Academics". If the term listed is incorrect, please follow the easy instructions on the Registrar's website to update your record immediately. (And no later than November 12!)
- Check your Albert Student Center for any HOLDS, and resolve them immediately. [See Note about PER below.]
- Check your Enrollment Appointment under "Enrollment Dates" on the main landing page of your Albert Student Center.
- RSVP for the appropriate Faculty Group Advisement Session on Thursday, November 1 at 5:30pm for advisement with faculty from your program.
- RSVP for an Online Registration Info and Q&A Session hosted by Student Services:
Friday, November 2 at 12:30pm
Thursday, November 8 at 5:30pm
[After clicking on the RSVP link above, click "Register" next to "Event Status." Ignore "Join Event Now" section on the right.]
- Review specialization requirements, as well as course and Capstone prerequisites, on your Program Requirement Checksheet.
- Read the details about the Weighted Course Lottery.
- Read the Course Highlights for information about new courses, new instructors, courses that require an application, intensive courses, and courses on a new meeting pattern.
- Review the Registrar's Student Training pages to refresh your memory about using Albert.
- Check Albert Public Course Search for the most up-to-date details on meeting dates, times, and classrooms. [Albert is subject to change so check for updates regularly!]
- Remember that you need to use the unique four- or five-digit Albert Class Number to register for a specific course section, not the digits of the course catalog number (e.g. not the "1011" of CORE-GP 1011).
- Consider non-credit workshops and modules, such as Composing Your Career.
- If considering pre-approved university-wide electives, read through the registration procedures and review the timelines for Spring 2019. For courses not on the pre-approved list, the process takes at least four weeks, so plan ahead and pay attention to deadlines!
- Contact Student Services if you have general registration process or advisement questions. Visit faculty for academic advisement to help shape your specialization and elective courses toward academic and professional goals.
- If you are changing your enrollment status next semester or need an equivalency, review the procedures so your financial aid isn't impacted.
- Review the Tuition/Bursar Payment Schedule and familiarize yourself with the add/drop and refund schedules for Spring 2019.
- If you are currently in Capstone, your will be manually registered for your Spring section by Wagner Academic Services by December 1.
- If you are planning on starting Capstone in Fall 2019, review the Capstone prerequisites for your specialization on your Program Requirement Checksheet and be certain to register for the prerequisites that you will need to be eligible!
Note about PER "holds":
All MPA-PNP, MPA-Health, and MUP students have a status note about PER under HOLDS in Albert. A PER note will not affect your ability to register. Click here for more information about PER.