Fall 2018 Registration Checklist
Registration for Fall 2018 begins on Monday, April 16.
In order to be prepared for the start of registration, please follow these steps:
- Verify your Expected Graduation Term in your Albert Student Center under the "Academics" tab. If the term listed is incorrect, please follow the easy instructions on the Registrar's website to update your record immediately. (And no later than April 16!)
- Check your Albert Student Center for any HOLDS, and resolve them immediately. [See Note about PER below.]
- Check your Enrollment Appointment under "Enrollment Dates" on the main landing page of your Albert Student Center.
- RSVP for one of the Student Services Online Registration Info and Q&A Sessions for current students:
Thursday, March 29 at 5:30pm
Friday, March 30 at 12:30pm
[After clicking on the RSVP link above, click "Register" next to "Event Status." Ignore "Join Event Now" section on the right.]
- RSVP for the appropriate Faculty Group Advisement Session on Thursday, April 5 at 5:30pm for advisement with faculty from your program. [Your faculty advisor is listed on the "Academics" page of your Albert Student Center.]
- Review specialization requirements, as well as course and Capstone prerequisites, on your Program Requirement Checksheet.
- Read the instructions for the Weighted Course Lottery.
- Read the Course Highlights for information about new courses, new instructors, courses that require an application, intensive courses, and courses on a new meeting pattern.
- Review the Registrar's Student Training pages to refresh your memory about using Albert.
- Check Albert Public Course Search for the most up-to-date details on meeting dates, times, and classrooms. [Albert is subject to change so check for updates regularly!]
- Remember that you need to use the unique four- or five-digit Albert Class Number to register for a specific course section (not the digits of the course catalog number, e.g. not the "1011" of CORE-GP 1011).
- Consider non-credit workshops and modules, such as Composing Your Career.
- If considering pre-approved university-wide electives, read through the registration procedures and review the timelines for Fall 2018. Non-pre-approved courses must be approved at least a month in advance!
- Contact Student Services if you have general registration and advisement questions. Visit faculty for academic advisement to help shape your specialization and elective courses toward academic and professional goals.
- If you are changing your enrollment status next semester or need an equivalency, review the procedures so your financial aid isn't impacted.
- Review the Tuition/Bursar Payment Schedule and familiarize yourself with the add/drop and refund schedules for Fall 2018.
- You must view all three Capstone Information videos to learn more about all aspects of Capstone, if you plan to begin Capstone in Fall 2018. The videos include information on the purpose of Capstone, how projects are chosen, how teams are formed, and how to request registration.
- Ask your questions about the Capstone registration process (after viewing the Capstone Information Videos) at one of the Student Services Online Registration Info and Q&A Sessions [see above].
- Ask the Capstone Faculty Directors your questions about the academic content of Capstone at the Capstone Information Session on April 10 from 5:30-6:30pm.
- Submit your Capstone Registration Request Form between 9:00am on Monday, April 16 and 5:00pm on Monday, April 23.
Note about PER "holds": All MPA-PNP, MPA-Health, and MUP students will see the "WPR-PER" service indicator under HOLDS to show what their PER status is. Any PER indicators will not affect your ability to register. Click here for more information about PER.