Summer 2019 Registration Information
Summer 2019 registration INFORMATION
A Note about Federal Financial Aid for Summer Term:
Federal Direct Loans are available for Summer Term enrollment. If you are interested in federal financial aid for the Summer Term, you must have a valid FAFSA on file and be otherwise eligible. Once registered, it is important to email email@example.com. You may be eligible for equivalency, but you must submit a Request for Equivalency form once you've registered for classes.
A Note about Wagner Scholarships for Summer Term:
Wagner scholarships are applied to Fall and Spring terms only. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your scholarship.
Fall 2019 Registration Checklist
Fall 2019 Registration Checklist
In order to be prepared for the start of registration, please follow these steps:
- Verify your Expected Graduation Tem in your Albert Student Center under the "Academics" tab. If the term listed is incorrect, please follow the easy instructions on the Registrar's website to update your record immediately. (And no later than April 15!)
- Check your Albert Student Center for any HOLDS, and resolve them immediately. [See Note about PER below.]
- Check your Enrollment Appointment under "Enrollment Dates" on the home page of your Albert Student Center.
- RSVP for one of the Student Services Registration and Capstone Q&A Webinars for current students:
Thursday, April 4 at 5:30pm
Friday, April 5 at 12:30pm
[After clicking on the RSVP link above, click "Register" next to "event Status." Ignore "Join Event Now" section on the right.]
- RSVP for appropriate Faculty Group Advisement Session on Thursday, April 11 at 5:30pm for advisement with faculty from your program. [Your faculty advisor is listed in your Albert Student Center.]
- Review specialization requirements, as well as course and Capstone prerequisites, on your Program Requirement Checksheet.
- Read the instructions for the Weighted Course Lottery.
- Read the Course Highlights for information about new courses, new instructors, courses that require an application, intensive courses, and courses on a new meeting pattern.
- Review the Registrar's Student Training pages to refresh your memory about using Albert.
- Check Albert Public Course Search for the most up-to-date details on meeting dates, times, and classrooms. [Albert is subject to change so check for updates regularly!]
- Remember that you need to use the unique four- or five-digit Albert Class Number to register for a specific course section 9not the digits of the course catalog number, e.g. not the "1011" of CORE-GP 1011).
- Prerequisites matter! Prerequisites MUST be taken prior to advanced courses.
- Consider non-credit workshops and modules (NONCR-GP), such as Composing Your Career.
- If considering pre-approved university-wide electives, read through the registration procedures and review the timelines for Fall 2019. Non-pre-approved courses must be approved at least a month in advance of registering!
- Contact Student Services if you have general registration and advisement questions. Visit faculty for academic advisement to help shape your specialization and elective courses toward academic and professional goals.
- If you are changing your enrollment status next semester or need an equivalency, review the procedures so your financial aid isn't impacted.
- Review the Tuition/Bursar Payment Schedule and familiarize yourself with the Add/Drop and refund schedules for Fall 2019.
Capstone (Fall 2019) for MPA/MUP/EMPA NURSE LEADERS...
If you plan to begin Capstone in Fall 2019:
- Read the Capstone: Learning in Action material and watch the "capstone in an Academic Context" video to learn more about the purpose of Capstone, how projects are chosen, and how teams are formed.
- Read the Registering for Capstone material and watch the "Capstone Registration" video to learn more about how to request registration for Capstone.
- Ask your questions about the Capstone registration process at one of the Student Services Registration and Capstone Q&A Webinars [April 4 or April 5]. The Capstone Faculty Director will also be there to answer your questions!
- Submit your Capstone Registration Request Form between 9:00am on Monday, April 15 and 5:00pm on Monday, April 29.
Note about PER "holds":
All MPA-PNP, MPA-Health, and MUP students have a status note about PER under HOLDS in Albert. A PER note will not affect your ability to register. Click here for more information about PER.