Weighted Lottery for Required Specialization Courses
Wagner has a lottery process to prioritize enrollment in high-demand specialization courses listed below. Prioritization is based on weighted factors, such as whether the course is a requirement for your specialization, whether the course is a Capstone prerequisite for your specialization, and how many terms you have remaining at Wagner.
At the start of registration, all weighted lottery courses are artificially closed. You must add yourself to the waitlist in order to enter the weighted lottery for any of these courses:
- Check the "Wait list if class is full" box before adding the course to your shopping cart and clicking the enroll button!
- Review your list of Waitlist Courses under the Enrolled Courses section of your Albert home page.
It is your responsibility to confirm that you have successfully waitlisted for a course. If a course still appears in your Albert Shopping Cart, then you have not waitlisted for it. The course must appear in the Waitlist Courses section.
Once you successfully add yourself to a course's waitlist, you have "entered" the lottery for that course. All students who add themselves to the waitlist by the lottery deadline listed below will be considered in the lottery process.
Your initial position on the waitlist has no effect on your chances in the lottery.
If you register for a back-up course while you wait for the lottery results, use the Edit Swap function in Albert to associate the back-up course with the lottery course for which you are waitlisted. This will tell Albert to drop the back-up course if you are enrolled in the lottery course.
If you enter the lottery, but do not earn a seat in a course, you will be placed on the waitlist for that course.
After the lottery deadline, you may still add yourself to a lottery course's waitlist at any time before the term's add/drop deadline.
Required Specialization Courses in Weighted Lottery (All Sections)*
Any student who wants to register for one of the courses below must do so via the process outlined above.
- HPAM-GP 1833, Health Services Management
- HPAM-GP 2825, Continuous Quality Improvement
- HPAM-GP 4830, Health Economics, Principles
- PADM-GP 2106, Community Organizing
- PADM-GP 2110, Strategic Management and Leadership
- PADM-GP 2132, Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation by Design
- PADM-GP 2135, Human Resources: Leading Talent Development
- PADM-GP 2140, Public Economics
- PADM-GP 2142, Financial Management II
- PADM-GP 2145, Design Thinking
- PADM-GP 2147, Corporate Finance and Public Policy
- PADM-GP 2170, Performance Measurement & Management
- PADM-GP 2171, Evaluating Programs and Policies
- PADM-GP 2202, Politics of International Development
- PADM-GP 2203, Economics of International Development
- PADM-GP 2311, Social Impact Investment
- PADM-GP 2407, Advocacy Lab: How to Make Change Happen
- PADM-GP 2411, Policy Formation and Policy Analysis
- PADM-GP 2875, Estimating Impacts in Policy Research
- PADM-GP 2902, Multiple Regression and Intro to Econometrics
- URPL-GP 2608, Urban Economics
*If a required specialization course is not on this list, it is not part of the lottery because it is not expected to exceed enrollment capacity.
Weighted lottery timeline: FALL term 2021
Monday, May 24: Registration opens for Fall 2021 courses
Monday, June 7: Lottery closes at 5:00pm EDT. Students can continue to add themselves to the waitlist for these courses after the deadline, but will not be included as part of the lottery.
Monday, June 21: Students can check their Fall 2021 schedule in Albert to view lottery outcomes.
If you have any questions about the lottery process after reading the instructions above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.